In these times of change and uncertainty, we are doing all we can to keep our families and our team safe. We are following the guidelines put forth by the CDC, CAL-OSHA, the California Department of Public Health and the California Dental Association. All of our team members are screened daily. We have always done our best to provide a safe, fun and comfortable experience for your child. This will always be our goal. However, given the circumstances, we have had to make lots of changes and adjustments. Not to worry, we are still the happy, awesome, fun and friendly office you know. But, we want you and your child to know what to expect when you visit us in this new environment. Please review the information below with your child. You are always welcome to call us with any questions (831-662-2900)
PRE-VISIT SCREENING, CHECK-IN AND FORMS:
- All our forms are now online. We have done this to minimize the handling of paper and pens. Please fill out your forms before you arrive. Preferably the night before. Click here to access the forms page.
- When you arrive, you will be met at the door by a friendly team member who will greet you, ask you some questions and take your/your child's temperatures. If our greeter is occupied with other patients, please wait in your car until they are free.
- To comply with social distancing, we can only allow one parent per child/children. No friends or siblings who don't have an appointment. If you're comfortable allowing your child to be seen alone, we encourage you to do so.
- Everyone should wear a mask. It is required for anyone over three years old.
THINGS WE USED TO HAVE BUT sadly :( CAN'T AT THIS TIME:
- Paper report cards
- Tooth brush and floss to take home (available upon request)
- Toy grab bucket - kids will have a limited choice of toys that will be handed out by a team member upon arrival.
- Our couch. Children who are used to having their exams on the couch will have different options that can be discussed ahead of time.
- No video games, magazines or headphones for overhead TVs. Please send your child with their own headphones and device if they prefer and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- No waiting room. If you're waiting for your child and not accompanying them back (preferred,) please wait outside or in your car. We will call you when they're done.
- Our drinking fountains are closed.
- All of our team will be wearing masks and most will have face shields. Even though we aren't scary, we won't look ourselves. Please prepare you child for our new look .
- Your child may be asked to wash their hands and use a mouth rinse at the start of their visit.
- We will have a HEPA air filter and will be maximizing fresh air flow through our office. It might be a little chilly at times. It can't hurt to bring a sweater.
- We are making every effort to minimize your time in the office. Please have credit cards ready or checks ready, avoid cash if possible. Our card reader will be cleaned after each use. We also encourage you to use our online payment option.